Wednesday, April 2, 2008

A trip to Genting Highlands!

I went to Genting Highlands with a bunch of friends; Alan, Nicole, Ashley from Kuching, Sze, Royce for our short term break. The night before some of us went over to Royce’s place to help out with the steamboat.

Hobart tagged along! He became an instant mascot!

We had breakfast in McDonalds. Then off we go to Genting!

We went to play at the theme park!

We played the hunted house game. It was too lame.


The pirate ship game!

Then the spinning game which I can’t remember the name. But I actually dropped my bag with my wallet and my handphone (I hope not to receive a scolding for this due to a careless, unavoidable accident) while I was on the game but luckily a foreigner found it in a pond; my belongings were soaked. Unlike the ungrateful girl I was so grateful to the foreigner. The Theme Park hotel didn’t provide hairdryer. To cut the long story short, my handphone works wonders. In fact the reception became clearer.

We had pizza for lunch!

While we were walking around we saw dinosaurs so we ‘rescued’ brave Hobart from tupit Gon.

We even excavated Gon’s dead ancestors.

And off we go to, The Space Shot. I was seriously terrified. But I don’t know why I actually allowed my friends to dragged me into that scary game, and yes, I walked out of it alive. Haha! Actually it was really fun, just the waiting in the air was terrifying because you don’t know when it will drop, but when it did, I felt relieved. The view from above? It was great!

So we played again!

A friend of mine, Sze, played 6 times.

It was quite late already and most game station ended, we had no choice so we went to play the flying coaster. It really felt like Superman when I was there.

That night we had steamboat. It wasn’t properly done and I dislike the cleaning bit. This happen if you leave the job to a messy person. To make matters worst, we weren’t provided with a refrigerator. The food went bad.

That night after many rounds of Chor Tai Ti, Sze and I went out to enjoy the cold midnight breeze of Genting Highland. The midnight walk including stealing the plant that I like. We walked till it was sunrise then we went back to bed.

I woke up 10 minutes before checking out (thanks to my roomies). We walked around the entire hotels in Genting. There’s a memorial hall for the Genting Taikun. In fact on the way up there’s a memorial ground for him. A friend told me that it was built before he passed away.

And I spot this beauty! Gallardo Spider!

I had fun being with collegemates. But I only reached home at 9.30pm. Mafan Royce reached home at 10.30pm ler, thanks to the massive jam in Pandan Indah.

So the moral of the story for the whole trip is, plan at least 3 days ahead before going, especially food and how to store them; if a friend is driving, preferably pick and drop everyone at one destination spot, like KL Sentral to save time and energy; dare to speak out for your sleeping spot; and lastly, be selective of who you’re going with.

No comments: