Wednesday, June 18, 2008

It is done

I have alot to update...

1st and foremost, upon Pearly's request 2 months ago, I washed Whitey! Sharkie and Ngiaw Chu went into the tub a week after Whitey took bath.

2ndly, the last 2 months was the most happening moments of my life; hectic, happy, disappointing, frustrating, angry, sad, annoyed, relieved, tiring, foolish, stupid, giving up, grateful, thankful, whatsoever feelings and actions I made, everything happened within these 2 months. So happening. Despite all those, I managed to get through everything and finished the race.

I would think this is the time when I really appreciate the people around me; I am really grateful for the support provided.

To mummy, thanks for praying really hard for me. Knowing your this daughter always do things last moment and always stall time, well, if you want to know I didn't really do things last moment this time, I really did work hard and work smart and I wasn't lazy. I managed and I didn't give up. How to give up... I was raised by a very motivational mother with alot of psychological tactics (admit it, you're quite cunning sometimes, Cindy and Pearly apparently got your traits) that doesn't have meaning in giving up; give up only after you die. I am grateful for you pushing me to the end.

To papa, thanks for giving me pocket money and sometimes extra, buy food, drive me around, waited for me, pick me up from college, buy too much ice cream till I'm so scared of ice cream, MESSED UP THE HOUSE! DIDN'T SWITCH OFF THE LIGHTS AND TV AND FAN WHEN YOU GO TO BED OR OUT OF THE HOUSE, buy pots and plants for me to to plant flowers, bully Hobart, come back early these days, always on standby for me. I am sorry for making you wait or making you angry. I'm sure you learnt alot of patience and virtues from me indirectly haha!

To Cindy (and Ah Loon), thanks for chia-ing me, don't really disturb me on my finals, well, not really... I don't know... but your full support did helped me get through everything, even though this gila Cindy was enraged when I accidentally tagged her inappropriate picture in Facebook; you came in the wrong time you pig! Surprisingly Ah Loon was calm (I think) though Cindy got into a crazy fit. But because I invited you to my presentation and you actually took MC (yes, Cindy ponteng kerja) for me that made me work even harder to prepare for the presentation and to be my best though I screw up badly with how I presented... otherwise it's ok. Btw, on the morning of the presentation, Cindy actually dressed very very nicely! I was so worried she would dress like her normal self like when she goes out with mummy. And she got vained and took alot of pictures of herself and I in it (just to prove her point she is not as vain as we think she is, but she is actually). Talk about a pig, she almost emptied my fridge when she came over. Anyway my friends were telling me I am lucky I have a family member who came for me, hiak hiak.

To Pearly. Thank for not creating problems but solving for me by listening to my complain bout Cindy, prolly Cindy came to you about it too, and for your lappie! I don't think I can get through anything if it wasn't for Pinky. Pinky has been a wonderful assistant and I got a good remark by a lecturer who is very hard to be pleased. I will deco Pinky for you with cute cute diamonds (fake ones of course) just like Xia Xue's cam.

To Jason. Thanks for listening when I am down and encouraged me. I do appreciate that you (I hope) and your mum, Auntie Pauline (definitely. Thanks for the chocolates! Cindy almost hijack from me) prayed for me and for my classmates, and the support you gave me to the end. It was a wonderful journey.

To the most wonderful person I've met in KL, Royce. Gosh, I don't think I can make it through if it wasn't for you to nag like granny kao kao and patiently repeat the steps (3 times) in 3D max and even helped me fix and build up my model, basically replacing Terry, personally tutoring me and spent so much time, effort and money just so that I could get through finals, being with me, encouraged me, put up with me and listen throughout my good and bad moments. You are like a classmate I'll never have. I'll always appreciate you. I'm so happy I made you proud!

To the most patient mentor I'll ever have in the world (it is true), Mr Roger. You are the most patient person I've met in my life. Despite having lazy students and all the stress we've caused you (probably we're the reason you got sick), you were very encouraging and motivational, too direct for a Peaceful Phlegmatic and upbeat for a man of your age. You've taught me many things I need to know in life and how I should change my perspectives on situations and really helped me to understand myself much better indirectly. The fact that you never put us down even though we're terrible in what we're doing (probably other lecturers would give up on us) really encouraged me to be better. I will be a successful Interior Designer because of you. I will never forget what you've taught me.

To Roland, my CAD teacher for 2 years, a good friend, a wonderful storyteller, a motivator, a joker. You are someone I will always look up to. You will always have my respect and and I truly appreciate you and your meticulous and careful approach in organising, not kiam siap in sharing your ideals and ideas. In this 2 years you taught me alot in discipline and many others. We shall watch movies together someday, haha! Since you only enjoy the best!

To my classmates. I have a wonderful time with you guys and I really enjoyed knowing you guys. We all have different temperaments and despite our differences, we all got through everything together! I still have alot to learn from June man...

To Ben. Even though it was a last minute thing you manage to find out my diffuser problems for me in such a short time. Thank you.

To my fellow friends, thank you for supporting me! Thank you Alan, for calling me and remembering me and supporting me on the day when I needed support the most. You're a pal! Loo Ping, thank you for your motivation! I was very nervous till you came into the room and made me remember what I was suppose to do.

To those who has been praying for me, thank you for your generous support! You are all deeply appreciated!

Auntie Marg, thanks for remembering me during my finals. You're very much appreciated. I can't wait for you to come to cook for me! Muahahaha!

3rdly, since most of you don't know what I've been doing these 6 months, I am going to explain my final project as a student in PJCAD.

I am proposing a cheese center! The idea of having it is to create awareness that cheese is important and it's good for our health.

To 'create' a cheese center, you definitely need to understand cheese! This project was a challenge for me by Roland, so it is dedicated to Roland, and my mother, a cheese lover, and Auntie Yee Heng for always buying me cheesecakes, my family and my friends.


There are many different types of cheese all around the world.


And since I'm an still amateur in this sorta project, I need to do case study. One of my case study is Secret Recipe. I basically need to study their dining layout, ambience, business type, people who enter the shop, etc etc.

My concept is contemporary (these days design, it's very subjective, that's why people don't really question you on contemporary design concept) and a pinch of classical and surrealism elements. My theme, cleese lor! I follow abit like Marche style, markethall in a restaurant. I don't exactly call my project a restaurant, though it function like one, I rather call it a cheese center. I am trying to create an ambience suitable for rendevous and for people to enjoy cheese and delicacies by cheese.

My target audience are basically middle income to high income people. Due to these kinna target audience, that is why I chose such concept, because that is what these kinna target audience want and prefere. High income people like richly stuff; classical elements are expensive and it'll make you feel grand and rich and cocky.

My mood board is sth when you look at it, you'll know basically what and how the place is going to look like, a pinch of what you're going to see.

The project is virtually situated at Cineleisure Damansara, opposite Ikano Power Center and next to The Curve. This area is strategic because of the the highly developed housing area and the different things each shopping complexes there offers. (Royce helped me set up the buildings in 3D.

Then on to the flow of my plan. Gotta know what you want your customers to see when they enter. A good example of such flow for you to understand is Ikea, they take you on a journey around the different ways you can deco your house and your kitchen, toilets, bedrooms, etc.

Then on with Matrix; how much space and alocation for my plan.

Bubble diagram may look easy and fun, but that is actually one of the hardest process in design; you need the flow. It'll be easier once I have the experience and see how those experience people see things.

After comfirming and approval of the best flow I can ever have, I moved on to furniture planning and 3d sketches to get and comfirm what I want in my space and how I can improve it.

The drawings then will be uploaded to AutoCAD, more like have to draw in computer. Even so they'll still be many flaws and mistakes that I have to print and print and send for fixing and approval.

More sketches need to be done to understand further what I want. The more you draw, the more ideas you'll have, the more solution you can find.

Then after everything is done, it's time to fix up the presentation board. This is my final plan. I'm lazy to label it here... haha! I'm seriously frighten from using too much Photoshop and Illustrator at the moment...

Now, it's time to introduce 'say c h e e s e' center!

This is my outdoor facade.


My indoor facade, which took me bout 3-4 hours to render in 3D.


This is The Peaceful Cheddar room. Pearly, what are you doing there? Hiak hiak. Happy Cheddar is situated on the lower left corner of the plan.

The Smoking Brie room is for those who smoke till they die and drink till they drop. Non halal place. I didn't wish to even create that room since I really hate smokers, but heck, I don't have a choice. I do not wish to be placed in the same room as smokers. Smoking Brie is situated on the upper left of the plan (refere the plan).

The Exclusive Feta room is for those high income people who dunno how to spend money and wanna spoil themselves to taste the finest cheese (in Malaysia) and the finest wine in the perfect rich ambience, well, almost perfect la.

Then we come to the Happy Mozzarella room. It's for private functions like birthday parties. It even have a sub entrance for the room, situated on the top in the plan.

My unfinished markethall. Haha! In the presentation board I hide it in one corner. The file was too heavy that I had to delete many things from it that's why look so plan. The rest is photoshop miracle.

My main dining hall, the Melted Emmentaler! Look so surreal right? Haha! I like surreal stuff.

Most 3D are done by me of course, but personally supervised by Royce, if not, my 3d will turn out like crap. Thanks to him, people adored my 3d! Muahahahaha!

I hope you do understand what I'm trying to explain to you, especially Mummy. All these processes need more than 6 months actually; it looked simple coz I briefly explain what I did. I'm sure you all are very proud of me, haha! Especially Cindy, Mummy, Papa, Mr Roger, Roland, Royce! I am pretty much proud of myself too!

4 comments:

Zee said...

Great stuff! I sure do hope someone take on this idea and build something like this. Gotta indulge my tastebuds on something good.....

Jesmine said...

Haha! Thank you! I'm glad you enjoyed...

Irene said...

We are very proud of you. I know you will deliver well though there are times you made me 'nervous'! I am glad you made it a point to acknowledge all who in one way or another helped you succeed. Always remember God and His goodness. I am looking forward to you doing ID for Matang house especially my LD studio!!!

-PEARLY- said...

hey! it looks great!