Saturday, May 10, 2008

A dedication to my mother

This is my mother.

This is also my mother.

My mother loves to play Spider Solitaire while talking in the phone. Well, in the beginning she can't multitask very well, but after practising (for a very long time) she can almost convince me she wasn't playing spider solitaire until I heard a scoring sound effect of the game.

My mother has 3 very beautiful daughters, and of course, I'm the prettiest of them all! Haha! Did I mention we're all very spoilt?

Well, plus my father and an addition of a big baby as a son in law, she actually has 5 spoilt family members!

My mother is a teacher. The highlight of her teaching moment was when she reluctantly took the job to teach primary 1 pupils. Thanks to her faith and perseverance, her cute cute pupils will never miss to get out of class before she enters just to hug her! If you don't believe, please go to SK Kenyalang on Tuesday at 3pm. Give her a call before you want to do that. Mind you, teaching primary one pupils can be really tough. If I were to take over my mother's class, I'm very sure all of them will cry on my 1st day.

My mother is a huge fan of line dancing. Her dedication for line dancing proves it all. Thanks to line dancing she often travel to Sabah and even climbed the halfway through the mountain... in a car! To the spa! On Tuesdays she will teach at the woman's breast cancer society tiredlessly.

My mother loves gardening. I do know how hard it is to keep your plants alive. She managed, and they even have full bloom!

I will always enjoy my mother's ngo hiang! She will always make ngo hiang on festive seasons or when requested by her spoilt daughters. And her ngo hiang will always be the best!

Making ngo hiang is not easy, but eating them will never be difficult!

My mother has the patience of a saint! She always maintain good family values and relationship! Sad to mention we all followed our father's traits.

My mother taught me how to knit!

My mother is an almost perfect example of a peaceful plegmatic. She has good friends of all kinds all around her! Especially Auntie Marg who can cook much better than my mother (which is quite true) and her fellow laughing friend for more than a decade, Auntie Dorothy.

Owh, and of course, I almost forgot to mention Auntie Yee Heng, my mother's fellow die hard line dancing friend (and my cheese cake provider... hiaks). Both enjoy line dancing so much that they probably snore in sync after practising together till midnight.

Once in awhile my mother would show off the videos and pictures I took for her in school or line dancing and smile to herself (I noticed that alright).

My mother has always been there for us to give us wise advices, give dry humour jokes, buy cloths and t-shirts for us and scold us when things are just not right even though we're old enough to think and fend for ourselves.

Despite being half a century old, she still look very young (a compliment for her active lifestyle and ehem... hair)!

I am what I am, thanks to my mother. If it wasn't for your guidance (though my ego sometimes don't give in), your tolerance, wisdom and patience, I will not be where I am and what I am now.

Thanks Mummy! You're always the best!

I love you. Happy Mother's day!

3 comments:

-PEARLY- said...

the spider solitair and talking in the phone thing is so right. i can still detect it when i call. ahahhaa

CindySim said...

hhahhaha - very good post!

Happy Mother's day.

Loon said...

happy mother's day too